Are you willing to launch a new blog, but don’t have the idea about the best Blogging platform?. Now a day it is very tough which is the best blog platform because a lot of different blogging platforms are working online. How to choose the best blogging platform or is right for you. There are several blog sites some are paid, and some are best free blog sites which you can use for a new blog platform. In this article, we will help you choose the best blogging platform with their pros and cons. All the platforms are most popular and best options for you.
How To Choose The Best Blogging Platform 2017 a Complete Guide
It is world’s most popular blogging platform and also an open source software platform which allows you to build your website. More important it is a self-hosted solution, which means you will need to sign up with its hosting provider. Due to the extreme customization possibility of WordPress, it is the perfect choice for a professional blog. That’s going to play a significant role in your online business.
- It is a most popular platform on the web.
- Offers a lot of a number of designs.
- Also, provides a massive number of plugins.
- It has a big community, and you will find someone to help out at any time.
- No hosting included
- Somewhat of a knowledge curve if you are just getting started.
- You will have to manage own backups and security.
It is hosted version of WordPress and offers a basic blog hosting service for free. It means you have to download the software and install yourself. All you need to do is you can do by sign up for the account at wordpress.com. By using this, you can start your blog within a few minutes. It provides all the essential features but also leaves a big chunk of them out. If you just want a platform for just blogging and don’t want to experiment with your site’s, then it is best for you.
- Get started within few minutes.
- It provides hosting and subdomain.
- It is entirely free.
- No option to install custom themes.
- It doesn’t offer any plugin.
- It can pull the plug on your blog at any time if they find your works not according to their rules.
Blogger is an old-school hosted blogging platform. Presently, it is run by Google, so just need to sign up if you have Google account. It works like wordpress.com, it takes care of all the technical heavy lifting and allowing you to just centering on making content.
- Blogger is free.
- Use of Blogger is straightforward and also easy to manage without any technical skills.
- Offers the advantage of google’s robust secure platform and reliability.
- Blogger provides limited blogging tools and can’t add new features as your blog grows.
- There is few designs option which you can use for the own blog.
- It does not get frequent updates or new features.
- More, Google can suspend your blog at any time or cancel your service altogether.
Tumblr is the best and more different platform for blogging as compared to other blogging platforms. It is a micro blogging platform which also has social networking features as well as blogs, built-in sharing tools, reblogging, and more. Tumblr is a most suitable and perfect platform for the blogger who wants to publish short-form content, like quotes, images, animated GIFs, and videos, etc. A free and ready to use for a community and comment on each other publications.
- Tumblr is a community aspect blogging platform and an exclusive social network.
- Hosting and subdomain also including.
- User interface it is ultra easy to use.
- Make your styles for different types of content.
- No plugins or extensions
- Offers limited features.
Medium is another blog platform which is launched in 2012 and growing fast. Now a big community of writers, bloggers, experts, and journalists are there are using it for their work. Medium is a very easy to use blogging platform which offers few social media features for their users.
- The use of the medium is effortless, and you don’t have to need any coding skills and setup for use.
- Other than that, it allows you to reach own interest online community of people.
- By using this, you can just focus solely on writing, other than you design a website.
- Medium offers limited features regarding design.
- It owns your followers, means losing all your fans.
- You can’t run own ads for making money online.
Squarespace is a site making service, which allows their users to build beautiful sites by using their easy drag and drop tools. The main focuses of Squarespace on small business owners who are searching for the easy way to create an online blog. Other than that, it is user-friendly online site builder and hosting service. It is one of the best all-in-one website building solutions out there. You can use it for launching blogs, e-commerce stores, business sites and much more. The price plan starts at $16 or $12/month.
- It is effortless and straightforward to use for newborns in blogging category.
- Offers beautiful professional designed templates.
- Squarespace provides domain name with SSL/HTTPs and eCommerce online stores.
- The features built into their proprietary platform are limited.
- The personal plan of Squarespace limits you to a blog, 20 pages, and two contributors.
- The integrations are limited to select some tools and services.
Wix is the best hosting blog platform where you can quickly build websites. It is the best source for small business owners to make a blog or website by suing drag and drop tools. A new blog you can add to your site by adding the Wix Blog app.
- With Wix, you can custom your website by using third party apps and templates.
- Without coding skills, you can create your site.
- Its setup is easy and quick.
- The Wix free account is offering limited and shows Wix brand and ads on your website.
- Third party apps in the free version is also not a lot.
- After selecting the template once, you can’t change it.
- The eCommerce features are a lot of plans are not.