“Most people want ecommerce platform — but they don’t know which ecommerce platform is best – they should use Shopify or WordPress?”
It is a very common question that I listen 2 – 3 times a day. Reason to attend this problem is that daily more and more people decide to create their own online shopping store, but they don’t have the idea of the best platform. Some more common questions that people have in their mind about the e-commerce platform are:
Will I have to spend any fees for an online store?
What eCommerce platform should I use? Can I sell only physical products in online store or also sell eBooks and download?
What are the pros and cons of Shopify and WordPress?
Magento or Shopify lover also read the comparison of Shopify and Magento and get the help which should be you choose.
Here I talk about Shopify Vs WordPress both are prominent and more popular brands of the eCommerce world. Most go-getting brands, when to decide to make the plan for what hope will be an all shopping and accessories website, make it awesome. They also try to build their new business to their next level and meet users’ needs in a way previous infrastructures couldn’t.
wearenoticed.com is a development agency that designed and constructed sites around Shopify platform. Most customers and clients are tempted by WordPress, WooCommerce most popular e-commerce platform. Indeed, Shopify is a new eCommerce platform as compared to these platforms, but now it is the very popular platform that beat WordPress and other eCommerce platforms with high points.
With my short answer, you should go with Shopify if you have the small business, and the large business owner also has chances to build their business on Shopify Plus platform. Shopify Plus is just a platform that Shopify launched for large business. So let’s jump into the topic and see when it is superior to use Shopify over WordPress and why would you even think Shopify in the first place.
Main difference Between Shopify and WordPress
The significant difference between Shopify and WordPress is that Shopify is a self-hosted e-commerce platform, an online tool, and service, whereas WordPress is also hosted and stand-alone software that people’s install themselves.
Shopify is a good platform when you use Shopify, and you just have to do is go to simple Shopify.com and sign-up for an account. Once you were done your sing-up, you just need to go set-up and your e-commerce store is up and running.
If you utilize WordPress as an eCommerce platform, you require some more steps for the set-up of e-commerce shop.
- First, you buy a domain and web hosting account where you can have the non-payment version of WordPress installed.
- After that, you need to select a beautiful design or theme for your site including the helpful plugins that take care of SEO, social media integration, and other techniques.
- Now, you just need a plugin like WooCommerce to make available you with all the e-commerce features.
- In the final step, you need to go in the course of the configuration procedure of your e-commerce store.
With Shopify, you get support last, but not least, which means that should you ever meet any trouble with the platform. In this situation, you just contact the support team, and they will help you and solve your problem.
But WordPress is not offered support as Shopify.
Think of it this way, and Shopify is like going to market, buying the decoration piece and accumulating it at home. WordPress is like going to the market and buy the things, purchase the glue, tools, and nails and then coming back and making the decoration piece yourself.
Shopify – Features
Shopify is a hosted eCommerce platform that makes your site or online store development more easy as you want. The facts of Shopify are:
- Shopify is an all-in-one eCommerce tools or solution. It allows you to build a well-designed eCommerce online store from scratch, without developer’s and designer’s help.
- Shopify platform offers online store creation without coding skills.
- It is a paid tool. You get the online store hosted by paying from $9 to $179 per month.
- At Shopify eCommerce platform online store you can sell all things, services, products both digital and physical, with drop shipping.
- You can use Shopify online store and also run offline store by using POS (Point Of Sale), which is their system for retail stores that allows you to integrate your on-location store with your setup in Shopify
- Here are 100 professional store templates. You can select one of your favorite models for the online store, or you can also build your design by using CSS and HTML.
- Every new client gets a subdomain for free.
- Shopify Support team is very helping, and it offers 24/7 hours support.
WordPress – Features
WordPress mission is to democratize publishing one website at a time. It is a popular online platform that powering above 25% of the web.
- WordPress is all-in-one software that allows you to build any kind of website and also provides the source to handle the technical setup including installing the software, plugins, themes itself and after that installing an e-commerce plugin to handle the online store operations.
- Development of some website needs coding and design skills. It depends on the customizations, according to clients requirements.
- The WordPress software is free, but to use it, you need to sing-up for a web-host and buy a domain name. After that, you can get started with WordPress for about $5/month.
- It offers great content management features.
- Over hundreds of designs and themes, you can select from both free and paid.
- Exceptional extension possibilities through plugins.
- It has no direct way of support but offers 24/7 hours support via email and through community forums.
When to Use Shopify Over WordPress
Shopify is an e-commerce solution that is for everyone. Whereby everyone, means those people who don’t have any how to know about the coding, and website development skills quickly build the online eCommerce store by themselves.
The benefits of Shopify:
- You can get start store within minutes.
- Begin serving your first customers almost without delay.
- Getting the help of setting coding and website building skills.
- Even you don’t need to be familiar with different realities of eCommerce business itself.
- It helps you to set things like the inventory, taxes, shipping setting and so on. It solves every last boring feature of the business.
Shopify is really affordable eCommerce solution. You take the start with $9 a month, for that price you get right of entry to more than enough site designs and customization options. The nutshell answer to, “when to use Shopify”:
- You can use Shopify if you don’t have any website, but you want to launch a quality e-commerce store fast.
- Use Shopify if you don’t have any design, skills of coding and website development and you don’t need to hire any developer to set an eCommerce store for you.
- You can also use it for integrating your online store with your offline on-location store.
- It is very helpful eCommerce platform that gives you direct customer support.
If you want any of the above describe, you go for Shopify.
It is a platform where doesn’t matter whether you want to sell digital downloads, physical products, services, and drop shipping to handle itself. No problem, how many products you have on offer.
When to use WordPress over Shopify?
WordPress is a perfect website platform and the powerhouse that capable of running any and all kinds of sites. But there is a catch or a couple of tricks:
- It is a piece of software that you can get free, but when you start to install it you need a web host and buy a domain name, configure it and ultimately launch a website with it.
- Other than that, it is a blogging platform and doesn’t offer eCommerce platform directly. You can get eCommerce platform via the plugin such as the excellent WooCommerce.
- With this eCommerce plugin, you need a bunch of other plugins that handle some standard things like social media and SEO including a beautiful theme or website design that make your site more beautiful and unique.
After this discussion, we say that WordPress is perhaps a solution for those people who have the grip on coding and development skills. You need to feel comfortable editing PHP files by hand, between to your server via FTP and spending some time in the settings panel.
We cover the story of “when to use WordPress for e-commerce” under this nutshell answer:
- You can use WordPress e-commerce plugin WooCommerce when you already have a WordPress site, and you are familiar with the crossing point.
- Use it if you want to save money and not having more funds to invest in a new e-commerce platform.
- You can use it if you have the developer or yourself a developer and have a knowledge of coding.
- Use it if you can maintain without any customer support.
Conclusion – Shopify or WordPress?
I’m sure you will be able to decide which platform is better for you. So if you have any confusion or above details don’t satisfy your taste then you must be satisfied with this nutshell answer.
- If you have already WordPress website then just install WooCommerce plugin and launch own eCommerce store as a subdomain of that existing internet site.
- And if you don’t have already own site and want an online store, then start your online store with Shopify.
My personal suggestion to you: saving both money and time.
If you want to launch the online store and have no website, then take the turn on the Shopify route and initiate an e-commerce store. Another side, if you already have WordPress site then going to be quicker and build your eCommerce store on it. What do you think now? Share your review with us in the comment box.